[“Documents required for Exchange deed”]
• Identity Proof of both parties and witnesses.
• Residence Proof of both parties and witnesses.
• Ownership proof of property.
• No due certificate for urban property.
• No objection certificate for urban property.
• Pan card of saller and purchaser.
• Power of attorney/special power of attorney.

“Exchange” defined.-When two persons mutually transfer the ownership of one thing for the ownership of another, neither thing or both things being money only, the transaction is called an “exchange”. A transfer of property in completion of an exchange can be made only in manner provided for the transfer of such property by sale.